note: Once you make a payment, you will immediately be redirected to a new webpage with a link to download the file. If you need the page link again, email us with your order # and we will resend.
|You can view this book on any device that can read a .PDF (computer, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Droid, iBooks app, Kindle Fire, NOOK and Nook apps, etc.) This book is an exact digital version of the hardcover edition. iBooks version coming soon!
Looking for the coffee table book? CLICK HERE
Project DOG is a 350+ page coffee table book featuring more than 170 of the American Kennel Club's dog breeds, both a purebred and rescue dog of each breed, living in the San Francisco Bay Area. Each photo is accompanied by touching stories of love, devotion and friendship, written by each dog's owner. (the AKC is not affiliated with this project). This book features more than 300 dogs in all their glory - full color images taken at iconic San Francisco locations including the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, the Ferry Building, ATT Park, and more!
This book features a purebred dog from a breeder alongside a rescued dog of each of the breeds.
- E-book (interactive PDF) // click here to view installation instructions
- Pages: 352 full color pages
- Featuring 330 dogs (170 breeds)
- Foreword: Written by Dr. Jennifer Scarlett, Co-President of the SF/SPCA
- Rescue Directory: Features mini directory of all rescues mentioned in the book
- Supporter Page: Features Kickstarter supporters' names and dog's photos
- *interactive* - if you view this file on a computer, you can enjoy an interactive table of contents, and active website links!
With Project DOG, Kira Stackhouse shows that every dog has a unique tale to tell, and that all dogs, purebred and mixed breed alike possess a lineage that is remarkable. Kira’s photographs capture the spirit and personality of each subject, and celebrate that special place dogs have in our hearts. Enjoying these incredible photographs and sharing their amusing, brave and endearing stories is akin to spending the day at the biggest, best dog park ever!
– Cameron Woo, Publisher/The Bark
Kira Stackhouse’s often heartwarming, sometimes hilarious, and always stunning portraits in Project Dog not only foster an important dialogue and connect a community - they also entertain and delight with all the diversity of Bay Area doggie-dom today. These beloved pets are shown to have all the personality of my friends and neighbors. Maybe even more!
– Marke Bieschke, Managing Editor/The San Francisco Bay Guardian
In stunning images and compelling personal stories, Kira Stackhouse captures the essence of the human-animal bond – reminding us all why dogs and other companion animals are so vital to our health and well being. Approaching each dog and each breed with care and compassion, Kira showcases the joy and happiness our constant companions bring to us and she makes man’s best friend more accessible and more endearing than ever before.
- Kevin Kosik, President/CEO Pets Are Wonderful Support (PAWS)
There is something so soulful in the eyes of a senior dog, a sense of wisdom and trust coming from within. The soulfulness of Kira’s photos is unforgettable. She honors aging dogs, showing beauty beyond the breed, and celebrating the life and vigor that senior dogs are still willing to give. To capture their story is an art, I am so happy that Kira has leant her magic to include senior dogs in this book.
- Sherri Franklin, Executive Director Muttville Senior Dog Rescue
What a wonderful tribute this book is to the dog world as seen from Carmel-by-the-Sea, California or as we are also known: "Dog Heaven on Earth".
- Mayor Sue McCloud and Robbie (Pennywise Rob of Dunvegan), a Dandie Dinmont terrier